With free and accurate estimates and written guarantees for all workmanship it’s no wonder that Housetop Roofing is Raleigh, North Carolina’s favorite home improvement and roofing company. We offer a full complement of top quality home improvement services with guaranteed craftsmanship that is second to none.
The weather is beautiful and springtime is almost here. So, you’re probably planning to spend more time outdoors, if you haven’t started already. A deck is a great place to enjoy the beauty of nature from the comfort of your home. Whether you like to have family meals on your deck, or bask in the sunlight with a good book, the possibilities for your deck are endless.
It’s important to take good care of your deck, so that you can enjoy it for years to come. Here are some tips to help you prepare your deck for spring:
- If you stored or covered your patio furniture during the winter, now is a great time to give it a good clean before you bring it back out. A simple spray with the garden hose can do wonders for most of your outdoor furniture. Then, sit it out in the sun for a day or two to dry.
- Before you put that furniture back on the deck, use a leaf blower or broom to sweep off any leaves or twigs. Then, you can pressure wash your deck to get it extra clean.
- Once your deck is all clean, it might be time to stain it again. Your deck should be stained every 2-3 years. If you notice any water soaking into your deck when you pressure wash it, that’s a tell-tale sign that it’s time to stain again.
- Now is also a great time to give your grill a thorough clean since you’ll probably be using it more in the spring and summer months.
- If you notice any rotted wood, loose boards, or any other damage to your deck, give us a call at Housetop Roofing to come out and fix it for you.
If you’re looking to spruce up your house this spring, and you need some extra help, give us a call at Housetop Roofing in Raleigh, NC.