When it comes to roofing companies in Raleigh, NC, Housetop Roofing can’t be beat. We make sure that your roof is done right by hand nailing all of the shingles, only using in-house employees, and having a foreman on site. We don’t stop there with our quality work: We also offer a number of home improvement services, where we provide the same quality service.
While there are a number of obvious signs that you need a new roof, like a tree falling through your roof or a storm tearing it apart, there are many more subtle signs that it may be time to replace your roof. If you’re wondering whether it’s time for a new roof, here are some common signs to help you figure it out:
- If you have asphalt shingles on your roof, which are the most common roofing material, their life span is around 20 years. So, once your roof reaches this age, it’s a good idea to have a roofing professional come out to inspect it to see if you have a few more years left, or if you need to go ahead and replace it.
- If you notice a number of loose, missing, or warped shingles, then it may be time to replace your roof. If there are only a few damaged shingles, then these can probably be replaced, but if you notice more and more shingles showing wear and tear, it could be time for a new roof altogether.
- If you look in your gutters and you notice a number of granules, which look like little pebbles, then your shingles are reaching the end of their life.
- If you go up to your attic with a flashlight, you can check to see if you notice any light coming through from outside or any water stains; both of these are signs of a potential roof leak.
- If your roof is sagging in any area, this could be a sign of rot, and something that you definitely need to get checked out sooner rather than later.
If you suspect that it’s time for a new roof and you’d like to have a roofing professional come out to see, then give us a call at Housetop Roofing in Raleigh, NC.