When it comes to roofing contractors in Wake Forest, NC and Raleigh, NC, Housetop Roofing can’t be beaten. We make sure that your roof is done right by hand nailing all of the shingles, only using in-house employees, and having a foreman on site. We don’t stop there with our quality work: We also offer a number of home improvement services, where we provide the same quality service. Here are some fantastic deck maintenance tips to keep your deck in great shape.
With summer quickly approaching, this time of year is perfect for spending time on your deck. Whether you’re grilling out with your family or reading a book on your own, the ways to enjoy your deck are almost endless. So, taking good care of such an important part of your home is important.
Here are some deck maintenance tips to help you make sure that you get the most out of your deck this summer and for years to come:
- To help your deck weather all that weather over the years, it’s important to seal your deck. It’s a good idea to do this annually. Try to use one that also has UV protection to protect your deck from the sun’s harsh rays.
- Keep your deck clear of yard debris, such as branches and leaves. These items can cause mildew to form on your deck if left unattended.
- A few times a year, give your deck a good cleaning. Use a deck cleaner and a stiff broom to apply the cleaner evenly and thinly. Rinse it well with water once you’re done.
- Before you do apply your annual sealer, sand down any rough or uneven patches on your deck and replace any loose nails.
- If you notice any rotting boards or other damage, do not wait to have these repaired or replaced.
- If you notice that your deck needs to be repaired, call us at Housetop Roofing to help you out.
Give us a call at Housetop Roofing in Raleigh, NC, for all of your roofing and home improvement needs. If you have a question about our deck maintenance tips, give our deck experts a call today!