With free and accurate estimates and written guarantees for all workmanship it’s no wonder that Housetop Roofing is Wake Forest & Raleigh, North Carolina’s favorite home improvement and roofing contractor. We offer a full complement of top quality home improvement services with guaranteed craftsmanship that is second to none.
Solar panels are becoming increasingly popular on residential roofs, and for good reason. Solar panels are a great way to make your home more eco-friendly and energy efficient, which saves you money and helps the planet all at the same time. Before you have solar panels installed, there are a few things that you should know:
- Make sure that you are using a solar panel specialist to install your panels. If done incorrectly, solar panel installation can damage your roof, but if done by someone knowledgeable, you should be fine.
- Solar panels can actually help to protect your roof, as they create a protective barrier between your roof’s shingles and the direct rays of the sun.
- You will only install solar panels on the portions of your roof that get direct sunlight throughout the day. If most or all of your roof is covered in shade, then solar panels won’t do you much good.
- If you have any trees close to your roof, then you’ll want to keep them trimmed so that they don’t block the sunlight from your solar panels.
- Solar panels typically last 25-30 years, which is about the same amount of time that an asphalt shingle roof lasts.
If you are thinking about getting solar panels on your roof, be sure to talk to a roofing professional and a solar panel specialist first to weigh all of your options.
Housetop Roofing & Home Improvement offers these services:
For all of your roofing needs in the Wake Forest, NC area, give us a call at Housetop Roofing today.